cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AOSPWB
Regular Visitor

Moving file fails but copying file works

When trying to "move" a file we are getting an error of missing or mismatched filed definition on the destination list...." for the choice column (even though the types and colors are the same), but when copying there is no issue.  We would like to "move" to retain the history.  Any ideas or reason why we are getting this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @AOSPWB 

The reason for the failure is difference between the meta data between two lists. I covered this in my video. If you need any more help please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ZxAd9JVVo

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
v-LilyW-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @AOSPWB 

Yes, I agree with @abm 

The destination library need have all the columns that in source library. 

I tried to reproduce your scenario and it works for me. I also wrote the steps to use the copy file method at the end.

These are my two libraries

vLilyWmsft_0-1624352337938.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1624352337941.png

Flow in details:

vLilyWmsft_2-1624352337946.png

vLilyWmsft_3-1624352337949.png

When the file Processing Status is changed to Ready to Process,it will be moved to another Library.

vLilyWmsft_4-1624352337951.png

If your two libraries columns are not the same, you can use the copy file, and then delete the original file.

Flow in details:

vLilyWmsft_5-1624352337955.png

vLilyWmsft_6-1624352337961.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The issue is that under both libraries, there is a choice column named "Status" and the choices for both libraries are "Active" / "New" / "Canceled" / "Hold" / "Completed".  So both libraries have the same choice column and same choices, what could be the issue?  Even the order entered and colors were double checked to be sure they match.  Could it have something to do with the initial setting up of the choice column?  Some type of formatting issue that we are over looking?  We did get the copy / delete to work but by doing so, we lose all history and that is one reason for us to move to sharepoint to be able to move for security and retain history.

v-LilyW-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @AOSPWB 

Could you share me the screenshot of the Flow error message? And could you give me screenshots of the all column names of your two libraries?

Does your destination library contain all the column names of the source library?

vLilyWmsft_3-1624515563449.png

For example, if my destination library contain all the column names of the source library as shown in the img , move file success, if my source library has 'test' column but destination library does not, move file will fails.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AOSPWB
Regular Visitor

This project went to someone else but working with them to get the snapshots.  Did not want you to think we are ignoring.  All help is greatly appreciated.

AOSPWB
Regular Visitor

Okay... here is what we have...  Libraries "Active Quotes" and "Canceled-Completed-Supporting" where both libraries have the same columns

AOSPWB_0-1624557889618.png

and here is the code currently being used:

AOSPWB_1-1624558155210.png

and the current error showing.... not sure how it went from choice issue to bad request, but still having the issue

AOSPWB_2-1624558398278.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,615)