Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Moving files in library with a delay

I have 5 different library created in my SharePoint site. The flow is 

When a file is created (properties only)

Delay (20 days)

Get files properties

Get file metadata

Copy file

Delete file 

Post to a message

Send an email

This works great, my concern is I created another flow for each of the libraries in case the file is moved early (manually) by the end user,  which would leave the other flow running for the 20 days. Will this cause issues? Or is there another way I should create this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Moving files in library with a delay

Hi @mhabig1,

If the File is moved early, this Flow run will fail after 20 days delay since the get files properties action will fail. And there is no copy file, message, and email in the following steps.

If you still want to post a message and email, you could create a branch to in case the File is moved early, then configure run after, for example:

Annotation 2020-01-16 113313.png

Annotation 2020-01-16 113345.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Perhaps a better way would be to get documents and apply the flow based on age? Something like this:

Recurring daily

Get files (properties only)

If Today-Created >= 20

Then run flow

End

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

That would still keep that flow running if the end users manually moves the file to another library, before the scheduled date.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mhabig1,

If the File is moved early, this Flow run will fail after 20 days delay since the get files properties action will fail. And there is no copy file, message, and email in the following steps.

If you still want to post a message and email, you could create a branch to in case the File is moved early, then configure run after, for example:

Annotation 2020-01-16 113313.png

Annotation 2020-01-16 113345.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,763)