cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hiyoru
Level: Powered On

Moving multiple documents based on time and metadata value

Hi,

I have some trouble to implement a flow for a SharePoint Library (without folders).

I would like to create a flow which send an email with options to the creator of a file, when this file is not modified since X time. The mail will ask if he wants to archive it or not. If yes, the flow would get all the documents (not only the file which is not modified since X) with the same metadata value (here, a dossier nummer) and archive them.

I succeeded in sending an email with options when the file is not modified since X and then move the document, but I am unable to :

1) Send a single email with option for multiple documents (which means having one mail for all documents with the same dossier nummer instead of one by document).

2) Move multiple documents at once from the "active" library to the archive one via Flow.

The goal is to not have parts of dossier in the active library and part in the archive library, but instead move all at once.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks a lot,

Caroline

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Moving multiple documents based on time and metadata value

Hi @Hiyoru,

Please share more details about your troubles so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Hiyoru
Level: Powered On

Re: Moving multiple documents based on time and metadata value

Dear Alice,

I apologise for the late answer.

I will try to be clearer about my problem.

I want a flow to run every year. Every year, this flow will get all documents that are older than 5 years. Once the flow has those documents, he gets all documents with the same metadata value (a folder number) that the ones which are older than 5 years. So, it includes documents younger than 5 years. Then, it sends ONE mail asking what to do (move them in another library or let them there) with all documents with, let's say, the number 257. If the option chosen is to move, the Flow move all documents at once in the other libray. If not, it does nothing more and runs again the next year.

Is there anyway to achieve that?

Best regards,

Hiyoru

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,102)