cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Ms Forms to Multiple Sharepoint Lists

Hi there Flow world! looking to expand on my knowledge. here is where i need some expertise.

• we manage multiple clients at multiple customers. i want to use one form across the client universe for our sales team
  • i have built flow already that allows a sales rep to report an account call flow from ms form to a sp. so that is working fine. I want the sales rep to use one form universally 
  • i want to build a flow using the ms form but one question decides which sp list the responses will flow too, all other questions in the form are the same. 
  1. i know i will need multiple sp lists one per client for the responses to land in
  2. the trigger question to direct thhis within the flow is:
    1. Choose the client name: Client 1, Client 2, Client 3.
  3. When they choose any of the question response options client 1,2 or 3 in this question i want it to direct the form response to a dedicated s.p. for client 1 , client 2 or client 3. i can map the rest.

here is how i envision it.

• "When a new response is submitted"
  • "Get Response Details"
  • 'Create Item'

make sense?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

1st case has flowed!! now trying the next one case 2....

View solution in original post

Super User II
Super User II

Hello @geoff786 

Please, mark @CFernandes  posts or mine as accepted solutions, so it will help other community members to find and solve similar problems like yours.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

12 REPLIES 12
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @geoff786 

I think you're on the right path. I attach an example where I do a similar task, creating an item in SharePoint lists depending on the equipment requested by an employee:

equipmentlaptop.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @geoff786 

You can use the create different list for different client and then, in your PowerAutomate you can use the "switch" condition and create an item to respective in list.

Note: in Form I have a Choice Question with which you can select the client  

Form screenshot below

CFernandes_2-1610904207334.png

Power Automate solution below-

CFernandes_0-1610904055747.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Super User III
Super User III

@fchopo  I just realized you replied with a similar solution 🙂 before I did...

I am glad that we are both on the same page..

Hi, this is great, i am a bit stuck 

• on the switch i cant see the dynamic option for 'choose client', it only gives me "list of responses' options. 
  • after the switch i create a "create item" for each case option
  • what do i use as the site address ? do i link it to the new sp specific to that client?

Hello @geoff786 

Could you share a screenshot of your flow? Surely it will help us to guide you.

Apart from that, yes, in each case option you will create an item in the specific sharepoint site you want to store that information.

Thanks!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hike this works 

A709F213-8ADF-4537-A4AF-EC3FFF0CABD8.png

C305633C-39D7-4E52-81B7-27493FD6117D.png

1CAB9418-F717-4238-BEB3-C730C6BB5534.png

Hello @geoff786 

You should remove the first "apply to each".

Please, have a look at the screenshots provided by @CFernandes and myself, where you will see that after the "When a response is submitted" action, we call the "get response details" without using an "apply to each".

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ok trying as we speak:)

bingo:) now......question 2. within the create item field do i link the each case to its respective list? ie: one to vita coco list , case 2 could be the next clients list etc etc

1st case has flowed!! now trying the next one case 2....

@geoff786 I am glad that our Inputs helped you find a solution..

Super User II
Super User II

Hello @geoff786 

Please, mark @CFernandes  posts or mine as accepted solutions, so it will help other community members to find and solve similar problems like yours.

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (18,531)