Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Muhimbi QR code insert error

Tried to insert QR code with Muhimbi but get the follwoing error:

"An unexpected error occurred while processing your request. - Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection."

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Muhimbi QR code insert error

Hi,

I am not super familiar with the 'Populate a Microsoft Word template' action, but the Muhimbi Flow actions don't know where files are read from, or need to be written to. (A good thing)

It takes an input file from somewhere (trigger, SharePoint Get Item attachment, OneDrive etc), assuming this file is in PDF format, you pass the data into the QR Code watermark. The output of the QR code watermark is a binary file, which you can write to any location (OneDrive, SharePoint Online etc).

>> Furthermore, after converting and adding the QR code, I tried to save it back as an attachment to SPO, I can see the attachment on SPO but when I tried to open it Adobe it says it is not a supported file type or has been damaged?

Try saving it to a regular document library, or sending it as an email attachment. Perhaps something is going wrong with the list item attachment. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Andries,

At this moment in time, QR Codes can only be applied to PDF files, so you will need to convert your source document to PDF first.

If you have any questions, please drop support@muhimbi.com a line.

Jeroen

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks That worked, but does that mean that you will first have to save the file "Populate Word Template" and then retrieve the attachment again in order to convert? I Tried Pulling it directly from the populated word template but Muhimbi errors saying the source file name is too long? Furthermore, after converting and adding the QR code, I tried to save it back as an attachment to SPO, I can see the attachment on SPO but when I tried to open it Adobe it says it is not a supported file type or has been damaged?
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

I am not super familiar with the 'Populate a Microsoft Word template' action, but the Muhimbi Flow actions don't know where files are read from, or need to be written to. (A good thing)

It takes an input file from somewhere (trigger, SharePoint Get Item attachment, OneDrive etc), assuming this file is in PDF format, you pass the data into the QR Code watermark. The output of the QR code watermark is a binary file, which you can write to any location (OneDrive, SharePoint Online etc).

>> Furthermore, after converting and adding the QR code, I tried to save it back as an attachment to SPO, I can see the attachment on SPO but when I tried to open it Adobe it says it is not a supported file type or has been damaged?

Try saving it to a regular document library, or sending it as an email attachment. Perhaps something is going wrong with the list item attachment. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,522)