Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi Approval Flow with status of each approvers

Hello All,

I'm stuck in building Multi level approval flow. Here is my arrangement in SharePoint Document library.

"Column Name" - "Field Type"

1. Document - Standard
  2. Document Name - Text Field
  3. Department - Choice/ Dropdown
  4. Approver 1 - People/ Group 
  5. Approver 2 - People/ Group 
  6. Approver 3 - People/ Group 
  7. Approver 4 - People/ Group 
  8. Approver 1 Status & Comments - Multi Line Text
  9. Approver 2 Status & Comments - Multi Line Text
  10. Approver 3 Status & Comments - Multi Line Text
  11. Approver 4 Status & Comments - Multi Line Text
  12. Overall Approval Status - From Flow (auto updated)
  13. Start Approval - CheckBox

As soon as the Start Approval is checked, the flow should start. User should able to select upto 4 approvers and approval process is in parallel. Once all approvers approved the document, it should show 'Approve' under the "Overall Approval Status' or else 'Reject'.

User needs to see who approver's 'Approval' or 'Reject' status and comments.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Basically what you need to build is a hybrid approval process. I have built something similar, where the submitter chooses who they are submitting it to via a people picker box for one column, and then the person submitted to can pass it on to someone else in a multi-step approval using two other columns (think designer, engineer, approver).

In the screenshot below, each one of the conditions is another approver: 

DocumentsApproval.pngEverything I needed to build the Flow above, was found in the following links: 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi,

Do you have a screen of your SharePoint site to see the columns that you are using?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,938)