cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chunkeymonkey
Frequent Visitor

Multi-Condition Approval Flow Failing

Hello

I am trying to build a multi-condition approval workflow, however, the flow fails with the attached error - what am i doing wrong, or is there a better way of doing this?

The flow is started when an item is added to a SP list, which has a column that the user inputs which site they are at (called Outage Site). I then tried to add two conditions for each of the two sites (Parallel), and then an approval under each which is sent to two different people based on which site they reside in, but it fails...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Flow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@chunkeymonkey your Outage site Condition - Brussels has resulted in a FALSE result, so nothing in the green if yes channel has actioned, only whatever you might have in the red if no channel. So if that condition should have had a result of TRUE you'll need to look again at how you've setup the condition.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chunkeymonkey ,

Please refer to screenshot below to creat the flow:

1.png

Note:

1. And the Start and wait for an approval action instead of the Start an approval action.

2. And the Start and wait for an approval inside the If yes branch of the Condition, and the Start and wait for an approval 2 inside the If yes branch of the Condition2.

3. Choose the Outcome dynamic content from the Start and wait for an approval action inside the Condition3, choose the Outcome dynamic content from the Start and wait for an approval 2 action inside the Condition4.

4. The Start and wait for an approval action could be configured as below:

2.png

Please take a try with the flow and let me know if you have any problem.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice, thank you for the help, but this is failing unfortunately.

I tried to run the workflow as you had suggested, and although the approval trigger is sent, and i can approve it, it is showing failure messages in Flow, and i do not receive the corresponding Send an email 4 message (for Approve or Reject)?

Here is the error messages in Flow:

Flow2.jpg

Can anyone help with this?

@chunkeymonkey your Outage site Condition - Brussels has resulted in a FALSE result, so nothing in the green if yes channel has actioned, only whatever you might have in the red if no channel. So if that condition should have had a result of TRUE you'll need to look again at how you've setup the condition.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chunkeymonkey ,

As @RobElliott   said, only when the Condition run with true result, then the actions inside the If yes branch of the Condition could run.

Please check from the Condition and make sure the Condition could be meet.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks Rob, i was able to fix the condition and it worked!

Thanks again, Alice - much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,726)