cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi Manager Flow

Hi,

Ive built a flow for mutliple managers depending on budget level. However when I try to test and push it through i get an error saying that the 'get manager' function failed

-Ive set it up that the first blocks are referecing the above managers with the 'get manager v2' function.

-Ive added a switch case that looks at the budget level (1,2 or 3) from a sharepoint list and routes it to the appropriate manager.

Is there something wrong with using the 'get manager v2' to get the the following heirachy: created by user -> Manager1 -> Manager2 (Sr) -> Manager3 (Dir)

Regards,

Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your flow?

Could you please expand all the "Get Manager (V2)" actions within your flow and share a screenshot about them?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:4.JPGThe flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

The "Get my profile (V2)" action is used to retrieve the profile of current login user. The "Get Manager (V2)" action is used to retrieve the profile of the direct manager of the specific user. If the specific user has not defined a direct manager, the "Get Manager (V2)" action would fail.

Please check if you have provided proper value (the Email Address or UPN of a user) within the User (UPN) field of the "Get Manager (V2)" action of your flow. In addition, please also check if current user has corresponding hierarchy managers.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here it is

Anonymous
Not applicable

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your flow?

Could you please expand all the "Get Manager (V2)" actions within your flow and share a screenshot about them?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:4.JPGThe flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

The "Get my profile (V2)" action is used to retrieve the profile of current login user. The "Get Manager (V2)" action is used to retrieve the profile of the direct manager of the specific user. If the specific user has not defined a direct manager, the "Get Manager (V2)" action would fail.

Please check if you have provided proper value (the Email Address or UPN of a user) within the User (UPN) field of the "Get Manager (V2)" action of your flow. In addition, please also check if current user has corresponding hierarchy managers.

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at it again and the error was due to not referencing the UPN in from the managers, also the switch case is where the issue was, it didnt like referencing a letter, i made some changes and it is all working now.

Thanks for your help 

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

Do you have any other questions about Microsoft Flow?

If you have solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (69,208)