cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi-Valued People Field in Update Item for MS Flow

Hello All,

I am working on creating an enrollment list where participants can enroll to a particular event. To have a complete list of enrolled participants, I have a multi valued People column that will be appended each time someone enrolls to that event.

But the update item action for SharePoint list in MS flow does not show Multi valued people field.

Can this feature be incorporated in MS flow or is there a workaround to achieve above goal.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

SharePoint multiple selections enabled People column is supported in SharePoint now. How is your flow configured? What’s the exact name of the People column in your list? How are the dynamic contents displayed on your side?

I have made a test on my side with a list which has a multi valued people column, the column name is People. The flow is created as when an item is created, send an email.

In the body, I can select dynamic content People Display name. It works fine.

Please check the screenshot for a reference:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yamao-msft,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to update a Multi-valued People column using Update item action in Microsoft Flow but the update item action does not display Multi-valued People column.

My flow logic is 

1. User opens powerapps form to enroll to a particular event by adding his/her name is single valued People column & submits the form.

2. Flow will Copy the single valued people column value & append it to Multi-valued people column value & then delete the value from the first people column.

Regards,

Kutub K

@Anonymous-  Check the Dynamic properties - if you see "more" click it and you'll likely see the person or group column.

More.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottShearer

I am try to using update item action for a SharePoint list which has a Multi-Valued People Column 'Enrolled Participants' which will contain all the user names who have enrolled for the event by entering their name in a Single-Valued People column 'Enter Your Name to Enroll' but the Multi valued people column is not appearing in update item action.

UpdateItem.PNG

Regards,

Kutub K 

I am having the same problem for multi and single people columns.  The field simply doesn't appear in the action pane list of fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,900)