cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chunkeymonkey
Frequent Visitor

Multi condition flow failing - part 2

Hello,

After successfully creating a multi condition approval (link below), i am now encountering an issue where the Template validation is failing when i add field values to my start approval details. If i do not add the application affected values to the details, the flow works fine, but when i add them, it adds an apply to each condition, and then fails with this error: 

"The template validation failed: 'The inputs of template action 'Condition_4' at line '1 and column '5271' cannot reference action 'Start_and_wait_for_an_approval_2'. The action 'Start_and_wait_for_an_approval_2' is nested in a foreach scope of multiple levels. Referencing repetition actions from outside the scope is supported only when there are no multiple levels of nesting.'."

Screenshot of the Flow that works (minus the field values in the details):

works.jpg

Screenshot of the Flow with field values added to approval details, which fails:

errorandfail.jpg

Is there a way i can accommodate adding this information to the start approval details?

Thank you in advance

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Multi-Condition-Approval-Flow-Failing/m-p/491877#...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to self-solve my issue by moving the nested loop within the 'If Yes' of the 'Start and wait for Approval' first loop...

Hope this helps others, and confirms that Nested For Each loops are now functional in Power Automate

fixedforeachflow.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chunkeymonkey
Frequent Visitor

Bump on above, any ideas?

I was able to self-solve my issue by moving the nested loop within the 'If Yes' of the 'Start and wait for Approval' first loop...

Hope this helps others, and confirms that Nested For Each loops are now functional in Power Automate

fixedforeachflow.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,430)