cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWylie
Regular Visitor

Multi level reviewer flow with reminder email if no action

Hi,

Currently working on having a multi level reviewer flow that will send a email reminder if one of the reviewers has not taken action on the document. 

Here is what I currently have:

for a selected file I enter in the 3 reviewers email addresses which then sends a email to the first reviewer to review the document.

JWylie_1-1638819686648.png

The issue occurs in the parallel branch... If no action is taken place in the delayed time frame it will then send a gentle reminder email even if the review was submitted. 

JWylie_2-1638819801268.png

How am I able to stop the reminder if the action on the review was submitted? 

Thank for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @JWylie 

The "Do until" action will be executed, at a minimum, for one time. As I understand, although the "outcome" value is true, it sends the reminder email.

I would add an if condition before the "do until" action, comparing the outcome value with false:

if Outcome equals false then -> Do until....

In that way, you will avoid the reminder action.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @JWylie 

The "Do until" action will be executed, at a minimum, for one time. As I understand, although the "outcome" value is true, it sends the reminder email.

I would add an if condition before the "do until" action, comparing the outcome value with false:

if Outcome equals false then -> Do until....

In that way, you will avoid the reminder action.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo  Thank you for you help. Adding the condition before the "Do until" solved the problem. 

Much appreciated!

JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo Is there a way to add the "submit" email from Microsoft flow when sending the reminder email?

This way the flow continues to run and I wont have to filter back through my emails if a reminder is set 3 days out.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

What do you mean when saying "add the submit email from flow when sending the reminder email"?

Proud to be a Flownaut!
JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo Since my multi level reviewer flow is a "Approval flow", you need to "submit" that you approved before the flow continues to the next reviewer.  Looks like this below:

JWylie_0-1638892684435.png

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Got it! Maybe you can create a single email with an Outlook Actionable message, where you send the reminded email plus the submit button: What are actionable messages in Office 365? - Outlook Developer | Microsoft Docs

But not an easy solution I guess.

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!
JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo Thank you! I will look into it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,548)