cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWylie
Regular Visitor

Multi level reviewer flow with reminder email if no action

Hi,

Currently working on having a multi level reviewer flow that will send a email reminder if one of the reviewers has not taken action on the document. 

Here is what I currently have:

for a selected file I enter in the 3 reviewers email addresses which then sends a email to the first reviewer to review the document.

JWylie_1-1638819686648.png

The issue occurs in the parallel branch... If no action is taken place in the delayed time frame it will then send a gentle reminder email even if the review was submitted. 

JWylie_2-1638819801268.png

How am I able to stop the reminder if the action on the review was submitted? 

Thank for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @JWylie 

The "Do until" action will be executed, at a minimum, for one time. As I understand, although the "outcome" value is true, it sends the reminder email.

I would add an if condition before the "do until" action, comparing the outcome value with false:

if Outcome equals false then -> Do until....

In that way, you will avoid the reminder action.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @JWylie 

The "Do until" action will be executed, at a minimum, for one time. As I understand, although the "outcome" value is true, it sends the reminder email.

I would add an if condition before the "do until" action, comparing the outcome value with false:

if Outcome equals false then -> Do until....

In that way, you will avoid the reminder action.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo  Thank you for you help. Adding the condition before the "Do until" solved the problem. 

Much appreciated!

JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo Is there a way to add the "submit" email from Microsoft flow when sending the reminder email?

This way the flow continues to run and I wont have to filter back through my emails if a reminder is set 3 days out.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

What do you mean when saying "add the submit email from flow when sending the reminder email"?

Proud to be a Flownaut!
JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo Since my multi level reviewer flow is a "Approval flow", you need to "submit" that you approved before the flow continues to the next reviewer.  Looks like this below:

JWylie_0-1638892684435.png

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Got it! Maybe you can create a single email with an Outlook Actionable message, where you send the reminded email plus the submit button: What are actionable messages in Office 365? - Outlook Developer | Microsoft Docs

But not an easy solution I guess.

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!
JWylie
Regular Visitor

@fchopo Thank you! I will look into it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,502)