Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

MultiSelect Lookup Query for empty selections in Sharepoint Lists

Honestly dont know what Im doing wrong here and the use case doesn't seem to be documented anywhere that I've found.. 

I have a multiselect lookup field that I would like to perform a filter on in the "get items" SharePoint connector. The filter query i have to filter for columns that contain something works... "Multiselectcolumn/Title eq 'getthisvalue'" but when replacing 'getthisvalue' with null or '' or 'null' doesnt yield the right results if the script even runs.. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there @jimi_hendrix, love your music. 


I just tried this out, and got the expected results. 

Here's my data:





Here's my query:



And the result I got was only for ID 11, as expected. 

Can we see a screenshot of your flow? It's weird that it's not working - it sounds like you're doing it right!


Helpful resources

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,168)