cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgardner2001

Multilevel approval based on Sharepoint list Choice field

I’m struggling with a flow that runs based on a new SharePoint list item trigger.

When a new item is created.

It sends an email to the creator

Starts the initial approval (sends to the unit approver email, which is a lookup field in the list)

If rejected, it updates the list and informs the creator and terminates

if approved it updates the list and informs the creator

*This is where it gets complicated

I start 3 parallel branches.

The first branch starts with a condition, the result of a dropdown "action field" is = to "office Lease".

If NO terminates (this may be my problem...).

If YES, it updates the list, sends and email to creator and starts approval to our Security manager.

If they approve, it starts another approval to our contracts department.

The second branch is like the first. It starts with a condition, the result of a dropdown "action field" is = to "Consultant".

If NO it terminates

if YES it updates the list, sends and email to creator and starts approval to our EVP/CFO.

if they approve, it starts another approval to our contracts department.

The Third branch is similar. It starts with a condition, the result of a dropdown "action field" is = to "Subaward" or “Procurement”.

If NO it terminates.

if YES it updates the list, sends and email to creator and starts approval to our EVP/CFO.

Again, if they approve, it starts another approval to our contracts department.

After the flow completes the first approval, it seems to recognize the conditions that are set for the dropdown, but they all terminate with a “fail”. The weird thing is even though the flow fails the email approvals continue, so I’m confusing the flow somewhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Multilevel approval based on Sharepoint list Choice field

@bgardner2001 

Please post a screen shot of your Flow.  That will make it much easier to assist.  That said, it sounds like you might be better off using a Switch action rather than a condition.  Here is a link to a blog post that discusses the switch action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@bgardner2001 

Please post a screen shot of your Flow.  That will make it much easier to assist.  That said, it sounds like you might be better off using a Switch action rather than a condition.  Here is a link to a blog post that discusses the switch action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

bgardner2001

I can try screen shots, but its such a beast im not sure if i can capture it all. I was just looking at switch and i think you might be correct. Let me mess with that and if it doewsnt work ill try to cature the flow.

bgardner2001

first approval

1.png

2.png3.png

4.png5.png6.png7.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,250)