cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multilevel approval based on Sharepoint list Choice field

I’m struggling with a flow that runs based on a new SharePoint list item trigger.

When a new item is created.

It sends an email to the creator

Starts the initial approval (sends to the unit approver email, which is a lookup field in the list)

If rejected, it updates the list and informs the creator and terminates

if approved it updates the list and informs the creator

*This is where it gets complicated

I start 3 parallel branches.

The first branch starts with a condition, the result of a dropdown "action field" is = to "office Lease".

If NO terminates (this may be my problem...).

If YES, it updates the list, sends and email to creator and starts approval to our Security manager.

If they approve, it starts another approval to our contracts department.

The second branch is like the first. It starts with a condition, the result of a dropdown "action field" is = to "Consultant".

If NO it terminates

if YES it updates the list, sends and email to creator and starts approval to our EVP/CFO.

if they approve, it starts another approval to our contracts department.

The Third branch is similar. It starts with a condition, the result of a dropdown "action field" is = to "Subaward" or “Procurement”.

If NO it terminates.

if YES it updates the list, sends and email to creator and starts approval to our EVP/CFO.

Again, if they approve, it starts another approval to our contracts department.

After the flow completes the first approval, it seems to recognize the conditions that are set for the dropdown, but they all terminate with a “fail”. The weird thing is even though the flow fails the email approvals continue, so I’m confusing the flow somewhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Multilevel approval based on Sharepoint list Choice field

@bgardner2001 

Please post a screen shot of your Flow.  That will make it much easier to assist.  That said, it sounds like you might be better off using a Switch action rather than a condition.  Here is a link to a blog post that discusses the switch action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@bgardner2001 

Please post a screen shot of your Flow.  That will make it much easier to assist.  That said, it sounds like you might be better off using a Switch action rather than a condition.  Here is a link to a blog post that discusses the switch action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I can try screen shots, but its such a beast im not sure if i can capture it all. I was just looking at switch and i think you might be correct. Let me mess with that and if it doewsnt work ill try to cature the flow.

Highlighted

first approval

1.png

2.png3.png

4.png5.png6.png7.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,007)