Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple Approval Email Reminders - Send results to 1 Apply to Each

Hi,

I have the following flow;

290120.png

Description:

1 - The 'Get Items' has a filter in it that returns only 1 item.

2 - The Flow loops through a list of Approvers (14 in total) that are stored in an Excel table.

3 - It further loops through the 1 item filtered from Get Items (couldn't avoid the apply to each)

4 - It then sends an approval email to all 14 approvers. The 1st Approval email has a timeout of 7 days, the 2nd Approval email also has a timeout of 7 day, and the last Approval email has none.

This flow works perfectly for my needs and has been for some time. However, in each of the 'Apply to Each' loops that run after each approval, they all contain the same set of duplicated actions. These actions include updating a share point list and sending confirmation emails. 

What I would like to do is have all 3 Approvals send their responses to the same Apply to Each action. For example;

290120 b.PNG

In the example above i have played about with delay actions and tried to store all the different responses in an array, with no success.

Is there a way to do this? I have spent to long testing with 'Do Until' loops and 'Scope' actions. I just cant get it to work.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiple Approval Email Reminders - Send results to 1 Apply to Each

Hi @Marty3012 ,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Multiple Approval Email Reminders - Send results to 1 Apply to Each

In the first image I have 3 approvals. The 1st approval is sent and times out after 7 days. Once this happens It then moves onto the 2nd Approval which also times out after 7 days. The 3rd Approval reminder is the last reminder sent out to users.

Each Approval has an Apply to Each underneath it. Within each of these loops the responses are processed and sent to a Share Point list.  The thing is, within each Apply to Each there is exactly the same logic (get item, update item, send email etc). In other words there are 3 duplicate Apply to Each.

What I would like to have is only 1 Apply to Each beneath the Approval emails, which processes all responses regardless if they come from Approval 1,2, or 3.

Hope I have explained that ok.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,152)