cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Approval Levels - Same Person

I'm writing a flow that is used to get approval for Capital Expenses. For example, in my company if a purchase is > $10,000 it must be approved by the Director -> Department VP -> Senior VP in that order. So, I set up an approval to go to each level and wait for an answer before sending to the next level up -- Easy. Now the issue, in a couple of departments the Department VP = Senior VP which means the person who just approved it at the department level is now getting another approval for the same request. Without putting a IF/ELSE in there is there anyway in Flow for it to just keep going past that approval if the person has already approved it somewhere in the flow already?

This is a simple example of the problem. Some of the levels of approval might have the same person in 4 of the approval spots and given how much of a pain flow is to re-organize and move things around I want to be sure what the correct step is before going forward.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The only way to easily do this is to save the email address of the previous approver and then use a condition to check before sending out the next approval.  If its the same approver then do nothing.  If its not then update the variable holding previous approver and send the approval.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Hello @Pstork1 

I want to try this out with my case switch. Can you help me out with an example of how the logic is written. 

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,113)