cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Approval Paths Depending on where in the approval chain the manager is.

I'm building a purchase approval flow.  To establish the path of the flow, I'm initally collecting the creator's manager (MGR) from O365.  For the next level, I collect the Manager's manager (DIV MGR).  And for the final step, I collect the Manager's Manager's manager (EXEC).

For a straight approval from Empl A to his MGR who approves and the flow sends another approval to the DIV MGR, who approves it and the flow sends another approval to EXEC...  it's not an issue.  The logic problem I'm running into is when it is the DIV MGR that is submitting the purchase request.  He becomes the Creator and the creator's manager is the EXEC.    In that scenario the approval goes to his manager (EXEC) who approves it and because the flow says to now send an approval to the manager's manager (which is now null), the flow fails.

Suggestions on how the logic should be so that if the DIV MGR submits an approval and his manager (EXEC) approves it, the flow ends successfully.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Multiple Approval Paths Depending on where in the approval chain the manager is.

Hi @blalor1,

Based on your description, if the application is submitted directly by DIV MGR, you do not need to send approval request to MGR, right?

You could add a judgment condition before the whole flow starts to send approve, to determine whether the applicant is DIV MGR:

-If yes, directly send approve to DIV MGR;

-If not, continue to send three level approval request.

The following is a logical reference:

Annotation 2019-06-20 112717.png

I hope it can help you. If you still have questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,948)