cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK30
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Approval Workflow - Update Sharepoint List item with approver comments

I have a multiple approval workflow with 3 approvers.

I am trying to update the list item with the approval comments after each approval, but the "Responses Comments" adds too many for each nests.  I have updated a different column after each stage of approval with "Response Summary" and it works without adding for each nests.  Is there a way I can pull in Response Comments instead of Responses to remove the for each nesting?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

No, There is no summary of the comments the way there is of the Responses in general.  To get all the comments you need to create a string variable to hold them and then use an Apply to Each loop to append each comment to the variable.  Once you exit the loop you'll have a string that you can use to update the comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
trad
Resolver II
Resolver II

The way I have worked around this is by storing the response comments inside of a "Compose" action within the Apply to Each that is generated. Then I just use the body of the Compose action inside the SharePoint update action.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

No, There is no summary of the comments the way there is of the Responses in general.  To get all the comments you need to create a string variable to hold them and then use an Apply to Each loop to append each comment to the variable.  Once you exit the loop you'll have a string that you can use to update the comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

TK30
Frequent Visitor

I followed your advice and it worked.  Thank you.

Would you be able to tell me how to shift+enter the comments so they appear a row down when they are appended

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,656)