cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
briodan

Multiple Approvals in one email

I have a scenario where we run approvals on items in a Sharepoint list.

Due to the volume of approvals generated I'm looking for a way to reduce the amount of emails approvers get on a daily basis.

None of the approvals are time sensitive so approvers getting notified once a day or even once a week is usually sufficient.

Ideally, this would be achieved by setting up a recurring flow that will grab all approvals for that approver and send them in a single email. The user would then approve/reject items from a single email.

Looking at the Approval task this does not seem possible but figured I'd post the question to see if anyone has run into this before and has a workaround solution.

9 REPLIES 9
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @briodan,

It seems that you want to send all the items at a time to the approvers. If yes, you could try the following flow configuration to see if it will work for you.

The flow is triggered by a Button, for your scenario, you could use Recurrence.

Then Get items from the list. After this action, use the action Create CSV table. Then in the Start an approval email action, you could be able to send all the items to approver.

1.PNG

It works fine on my side. Please try it and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply Mabel.

I do not only want send all approvals at the same time but I want them all in a single email.

This still generates individual approval emails for each item.

Hi @briodan, I want ask whether you find some way or solution how to send approvals all in one email ? I have the same problem.  

Has anyone cracked this one yet? I was thinking that it could work if the Approval didn't have an email to the approver, and a separate flow was created to send the link to the current approvals at the same time. I think the Approval function is limiting this though, as I haven't found a way to access the approvals other than the individual email. Can you go to approvals as a link? 

I am searching for a solution around this topic as well

CatPagulayan
Helper IV
Helper IV

I hope the experts get to see this topic 🙂 Needing this functionality too!

jeffhhs
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this yet? Time is huge and our leadership would prefer single email with multiple list items to approve.

CasperLad
Frequent Visitor

Another user looking for exactly this solution!

thesaltyone
Frequent Visitor

need this option, approvers are swamped with the amount of approvals they get through, We want to be able to bulk approve 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,456)