cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Generalstratos
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Approvers Flow never complete

Hi all,

I have flow - multiple approvers "Start and wait for an approval, approval type: Custom Responses – Wait for one response".

The first approver already approved, but the flow still show in running, taking 1 day already.

How can I get it completed or do I miss something on the flow configuration?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Generalstratos ,

Just keep the new flow that worked and you could reply here your the issue appear again.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Generalstratos  you have 2 options first you can ask for the users that were added to approve the process that please clic on approve or reject, and your flow is going to continue. Another option is cancelyour flow but if you cancel your flow the process stops in approval step.

And please I asume that you need to be careful when you select the approval options. For this kind scenarios I recomend you to use first in response.

primero.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Generalstratos ,

For multiple approval, if you choose First to respond, the approval would finish once the first approver response to the request.

If you choose everyone must approve, the approval wouldn't finish before all the approvers has made the response.

So I suggest you could choose the First to respond if you only need one approver to make the response.

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

I selected first to approve, and first approver already approved, but the flow still in running.

Hi @Generalstratos ,

I don't think the flow would still running if the approver has response when you choose first to respond.

Could you please share your flow configuration screenshot and the flow run history screenshot?

Best Regards,

Alice

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

Mine is "Custom Responses – Wait for one response".

Please see attached files.Capture2.JPGCapture1.JPG

Hi @Generalstratos ,

What is the response of the approver?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. the flow would finish once the first approver make the response.

Best Regards,

Alice

I will try with clean flow again with multiple approver.

will let you know the result.

Thanks.

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

Yes, please make a test and we are waiting for your feed back.

Best Regards,

Alice

Hi all,

It works now. After first approver done approval, the flow complete with successful stat.

I have no idea why previous time before this, it still keep status running.

Thanks.

Hi @Generalstratos ,

Just keep the new flow that worked and you could reply here your the issue appear again.

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,029)