cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Multiple Choice Form thru Flow to Power BI as separate data entries

I have created a Microsoft Form that has many questions with multiple choice. I have created a Flow to connect Form to Power BI. But My multiple choice responses are as one response, but I want them as separate responses within Power BI.

8 REPLIES 8
Regular Visitor

Forms_to_PowerBI_1.png

Regular Visitor

RealTimeDataFlow_MarketData2.png

Hi @DaleD ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The schema in the Parse JSON as below:

{
    "type": "array",
    "items": {
        "type": "string"
    }
}

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have modified my flow according to your suggestion, but still get undesired results:

Here is my new flow:

Forms_to_PowerBI_2.png

Here are the results:

RealTimeDataFlow_DesigSoftware1.png

Hi @DaleD did you manage to resolve this? I have the same question!

Hi @JudithL I have not resolved this. I have watched many videos and have asked this same question in different ways trying to get this resolved. This would be very powerful.

@DaleD Ok thanks for the update Dale! I'll keep trying too and let you know if I get anywhere 🙂

@DaleD I posted a similar question on the PowerBI help thread yesterday and got an answer which helped me 🙂 Link to the thread is here.

It basically is a power query you perform on the data once it is in PowerBI! It worked great for me -any questions let me know 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (56,392)