cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaleD
Regular Visitor

Multiple Choice Form to Power BI as separate data entries

I am new to Forms, Flow and Power BI. I have watched multiple YouTube videos trying to get up to speed. I have created a Form and every question can have one response selected, or multiple responses selected, or no response at all. I would like to use Flow to show the data in Power BI. I would like each response as a record.

Form:

1. Name

2. Type (option 1, option 2, option 3, etc.)

3. Info (option 1, option 2, option 3, etc.)

4. etc.

Power BI: I have created a RealTimeData dataset

My Flow:

Trigger: Created an automated flow with the trigger " when a new response is submitted to the Form" - selected my Form from the Form Id dropdown

Action: Apply to each (from Dynamic content selected "triggerBody()"

- Not sure if triggerBody is the right choice

Add an Action: Get response details

- Form Id: I selected my form from the dropdown

- Response Id: from the Dynamic content, under the When a new response is submitted, I selected "List of response notifications Response Id"

Add an Action: Add rows to a dataset Power BI

- Workspace: My Workspace

- Dataset: selected from dropdown

- Table: RealTimeData

- then I matched up the fields one to one from the Dynamic Content form questions.

Save.

When I run a test, I get the error: Apply to each: ExpressionEvaluationFailed. The execution of template action 'Apply_to_Each' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@triggerBody()' is of type 'Object'. The result must be a valid array.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaleD ,

Are you creating a Flow using a Flow template, could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

In previous versions, Apply to each will automatically appear when the Get response details action is configured, but Apply to each is no longer required.

You could directly configure the List of response notifications Response Id in the Get response details action.

Like:

126.PNG

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the response Barry! Your suggestion was spot on and my data is flowing.

Next question: How do I parse out the data to present it in BI similar to how Microsoft Forms reports the data?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaleD ,

Are you creating a Flow using a Flow template, could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

In previous versions, Apply to each will automatically appear when the Get response details action is configured, but Apply to each is no longer required.

You could directly configure the List of response notifications Response Id in the Get response details action.

Like:

126.PNG

Please try again.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response Barry! Your suggestion was spot on and my data is flowing.

Next question: How do I parse out the data to present it in BI similar to how Microsoft Forms reports the data?

Thanks!

Hi @DaleD ,

I am afraid that I didn't understand your needs, Get response details action has obtained the answers submitted by the user. This does not seem to require parsing anymore.

You can get the answer to each question directly through Dynamic content.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,096)