cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tbruns
Level: Powered On

Multiple Emails being sent but should be only one email

Hello! I know there is probably a simple solution but I am still learning so help would be appreciated.

I have a flow set up that is triggered by clicking on Flow in Sharepoint that when the date is today and "urgent" it will send an email out. The issue I have is that if there are more than one entry that the date is today and "urgent" it is sending multiple emails out. I am needing it to send one email with all of the items on the one email. How can I do that? Thank you!!

11-20-2019 8-11-18 AM.jpg11-20-2019 8-14-55 AM.jpg11-20-2019 8-15-12 AM.jpg11-20-2019 8-15-23 AM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Multiple Emails being sent but should be only one email

@Tbruns Yes - if you replace the recurrence trigger with a for a selected item a single email will be sent containing all items with a date in the column that you specify of today.
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

@Tbruns 

Please see my screen shot below for a more compact and simple approach to your issue.  I use a filter query in my Get items action.  Only items that meet your date parameter will be returned - no need to filter any further.  The expression that I use can be seen in the comments area.  My date column is called MyDate.  Please note the single quotes around the expression in the filter query.

HTMLTable.jpg

Scott
Tbruns

@ScottShearer 

So would I still choose "For a selected file" as the first step then "get items" as you have in your screen shot?

I am already using a filter query but even if I change it like you have it will it only send one email?

Super User
Super User

@Tbruns 

I focused on the HTML table.....

Upon looking at your Flow again, you probably don't want to use a for a selected file action.  It is more likely that you want an email to go out once a day with all items where the date is today.  I am creating a solution that shows this and will post in a few minutes.

Scott
Tbruns

@ScottShearer 

I actually need the email to be sent once I click on the Flow in the Sharepoint library. So we will add several documents that have todays date and urgent marked. Once I am doing adding them I will go to Flow and click Run to send the email.

Super User
Super User

@Tbruns 

Here is an example using  library and an HTML table.  Once a day (and you can specify the time) an email will go out with a table containing all items with a date of today in the MyDate column.  Once again, the expression that I use can be seen in the comments and note the single quotes around the expression. 

If you absolutely want to start this from an existing document, simply replace the recurrence trigger with a for a selected file trigger.  The remainder of the Flow will be identical.

HTMLA.jpgHTMLB.jpgHTMLC.jpg

Scott
Tbruns

@ScottShearer 

If I use "For a selected item" it will still only send one email? 

Super User
Super User

@Tbruns Yes - if you replace the recurrence trigger with a for a selected item a single email will be sent containing all items with a date in the column that you specify of today.

Scott

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,030)