cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Multiple Triggers

I want my flow to trigger when a new item is added or an existing item is updated in SharePoint. I could not find a way to add two triggers.

So do I have to create two flows to achieve that functionality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiple Triggers

Hi @Damitha,

Adding multiple triggers in Microsoft Flow is not supported currently, but this is a good idea.

Please consider submit this an an idea in Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, if you refers to SharePoint list new item or the update existing item,  then use the When an existing item is updated should meet the requirements you mentioned here, when a new item is added, the When an existing item is updated will also be triggered. There is no need to add those two mentioned triggers for this situation.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Damitha,

Adding multiple triggers in Microsoft Flow is not supported currently, but this is a good idea.

Please consider submit this an an idea in Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, if you refers to SharePoint list new item or the update existing item,  then use the When an existing item is updated should meet the requirements you mentioned here, when a new item is added, the When an existing item is updated will also be triggered. There is no need to add those two mentioned triggers for this situation.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Idea submitted here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Multiple-Triggers-For-The-Same-Flow/idc-p/58853

Please support with your vote and share.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You can create one flow for each trigger and then have them all call the flow that does the work.

I created a flow that would send an email notification every time a new record was inserted into a table in an sql database.

I wanted to make sure that no records were missed if the flow was briefly inactivated or something so I created another flow that is triggered once a day.

Both these two flows just picks up the data from the newly created records from the database and then triggers a third flow to run and send an email for each of the records picked up.

The third flow is triggered "When HTTP request is received" and all the data from the calling flow is passed to it in the body of the request.

Send email.PNGSend missed.PNGSend newly created.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,266)