cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbroxis
Regular Visitor

Multiple approvals - 1 final notification and list update

I have created a flow for approvals which is kicked off by a new list entry.

The list entry has a field which defines the approves required (could be 1 or a max of 4 for each request).

Currently I get an email notification for each person that approves, but I would like 1 notification to confirm when all of them have approved.  I'd also like the list to update only when all of them have approved.

Can anyone help advise what I do to achieve this?

mbroxis_0-1596051779128.png

mbroxis_1-1596051818821.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbroxis ,

You should compare if the Outcome dynamic content contains Reject as screenshot below:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Create a variable at the top of the flow to keep track of the overall approval/rejection.  Then after you exit the Apply to each Loop send the email and update the item based on the value in the variable.  Since you are doing the actions inside the loop you are getting things everytime someone responds.  you need to get those actions out of the loop so they only take place once.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbroxis ,

You should compare if the Outcome dynamic content contains Reject as screenshot below:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Could you give a bit more direction on what I should be selecting/how I should be setting up.  I've not done anything this 'advanced' (if you can call it that - I'm just still a bit new to this) so not sure what to go for/how to make this work.

Thanks

mbroxis_0-1596127158783.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Use the Initialize a variable action at the top of the flow to declare a string variable.  Then inside the loop you can use the append to a string action to add names or email addresses to the variable.  I normally use it to build a semicolon delimited list of email addresses to send an email to everyone who was involved what the final result of the approval was.  You can use the same technique to collect up comments or names of people etc. and then use that in your email body later.

Thank you for your help so far!

Because the list has a people/group field, every time I add it it then automatically applies an 'Apply to each'....  This is what I had in the rest of the flow that got me into this mess in the first place I think! 🤔

I can't test it either as it thew an error at me "Flow save failed with code 'InvalidVariableInitialization' and message 'The variable action 'Initialize_variable' of type 'InitializeVariable' cannot be nested in an action of type 'Apply_to_each_3'.'" 

mbroxis_0-1596203340981.png

Any clues what to do next?!

Thanks again

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can't Initialize a Variable inside a loop.  You need to Initialize the variable before you do the action that adds the For Each.  Then inside the loop you need to Append to the variable for each iteration of the loop.  When you exit the loop you can use the string containing what you appended while in the loop.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbroxis ,

Does your issue still exists?

Have you take a try to refer to my steps to create the flow?

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,511)