cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimiJ808
Level: Powered On

Multiple approvers - Flow doesn't run when same approver is entered in both fields

Flow1.PNGFlow2.PNG

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give me some help or a workaround for this problem.

I've made an approval workflow for a work training request form. It sends an email to the requestor's Functional Manager & the Contract Manager.

The test flow works fine when both these two approver's are different.

However when the two approver's are the same person (entered in both fields) the flow does not send an approval email. Has anyone else run into this problem and know a solution? This would be obviously a rare circumstance but I want all bases covered. Attached are some screenshots.

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Multiple approvers - Flow doesn't run when same approver is entered in both fields

Hey @JimiJ808 

I just tested out in my environment by manually providing the same email address twice and referring it from external items too and it worked as expected (It will basically send the approval one time only). 

The first time I did it, it took a bit longer for the approval email to come but it works fine in the consecutive runs. 

Can you check the run history of the flow, or share a screenshot of the run history to check what happened in that particular run? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

JimiJ808
Level: Powered On

Re: Multiple approvers - Flow doesn't run when same approver is entered in both fields

Flow3.PNG

Hi @yashag2255 thanks for your response.

The flow just stops at the Start and Wait for an Approval action - it doesn't send an email to the specified same email address for Functional and Contract Manager.

James

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @JimiJ808 

How long has this been running? Can you once check the data retrieved in the Get Item action? When I entered the same email twice for the approval, it took about 8-10 minutes for it to kick off. 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,305)