Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelloHello
Helper IV
Helper IV

Multiple approvers but only need 1 approver to approve

Hi, my workflow is:

Form submitted->Created in S/P->Parallel branch (Left branch-Start approval, Right branch-Send reminder email if not approved)

For left branch, if approver A approves or rejects the request, approver B & C will be notified via email that no action is required. Same if approver B approves or rejects the request, approver A & C will be notified via email.

My current flow is I think it is notifying everyone? Please help thanks!

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @HelloHello,

Please not put the expression into the compose directly, please try it like this:Annotation 2019-08-19 133642.png

Then click the 'OK'.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I don't see anywhere in the Flow that you are recording who responds vs who doesn't.  You need those email addresses so that later you can address the email to the users who don't respond.  Your screenshot doesn't even show the emails addressed to anyone.  Also, Your approval in the left branch doesn't show who the approval request is assigned to.

You don't really need two branches.  Address the Approval to all three approvers.  When the first one responds make note of which one approved.  Then send emails to the other two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Pstork1 

Sorry I do not understand your reply. In my approval request, it will be addressed to 3 approvers emails. Then after which 1 of the approvers will respond and notify another 2 approvers. So which part of the flow is wrong? And how come dont need parallel flow? If dont need parallel flow, then where do I put my do until?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

My point is that its hard to answer your questions based on the screenshots that you posted since most of the critical fields aren't filled in.

1) A single approval action set for First to respond can be addressed to all 3 users by supplying their email addresses in a comma delimited list.  Your screenshot doesn't have the approval assigned to anyone. When you supply all 3 the approval request will be sent to all three in parallel.  It will then be considered approved as soon as one of them responds.

2) When one of the approvers responds, there will be a collection containing one response that will require a For Each loop to process.  That response wil tell you who responded and what their response was. At that point you know who responded and who didn't

3) Now you can send an email out to the 2 users who didn't respond to the Approval. Please note: at this point there is no way to recall the original Approval email they were sent, but if they respond now it will have no effect.

Hope that clarifies what it should look like. Again, its hard to tell from your screenshot since so much of the information is missing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HelloHello,

You can create a flow just like these screenshots to achieve your purpose:

Step 1: Initialize a EmailAddress variable to store the three Email address and initialize a ResponseEmail variable to store the responder email. Then create a Compose to process these email address, convert them into an array by using function split.Annotation 2019-08-12 161150.png

Step 2: Create approval, you only need to create one approval and put the EmailAddress variable into the Assigned to, then it will send three approval request. After one of the three user's response, Set the Responder Email to the ResponseEmail Variable.

Annotation 2019-08-12 161236.png

Step 3: Create an Apply to each to send emails to those who not responed to the approval.

Annotation 2019-08-12 161425.png

Please have a try, I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft

I tried your method but the flow failed Smiley Sad

1.PNG

Hi @HelloHello,

Could you check your output of Compose whether it is an array?

Did the split() function not work?

Best Regards,

@v-litu-msft 

This is my current flow:

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Hi @HelloHello,

Please not put the expression into the compose directly, please try it like this:Annotation 2019-08-19 133642.png

Then click the 'OK'.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

@v-litu-msft 

It is working now but how do I have the variable "ResponseEmail" to not show full email address in the email but just the person name?

Hi @HelloHello,

Please check the previous step that sets the variable "ResponseEmail" after sending approval.Annotation 2019-08-20 091944.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,418)