Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yoshio
Level: Powered On

Multiple approvers, simultaneous emails, do not wait for all responses

Hello,

I am trying to build an custom approval flow for multiple approvers which does not wait for all responses before completing.  I need to send a notification for a new contract to several other departments.  I would use the custom approval because I need to have verification that they received/understood or need more information.

My issue is that, many people will not respond to their emails in a timely fashion but I cannot see any responses until ALL approvers have responded.

I have no screenshots as I am clueless on the best way to achieve this.  I have been going through the multitude of approval threads on the site but can't seem to find one that will help me start.  So I'm stuck at the trigger of when an item is added to a SharePoint list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Multiple approvers, simultaneous emails, do not wait for all responses

Hi @Yoshio,

If you store these email addresses into an array, you can try to read the following method:

So, there is a SharePoint list I created to store approval list specifically, the Title is File ID, Response is Yes/No type and the default value is No:

Annotation 2019-11-08 153636.png

This is the Flow created based on your situation, a simple version:

1. Initialize an array variable to store email addresses, the owner email, manager email, etc. And then use the Appen to array variable action to input it.

Annotation 2019-11-08 154101.png

2. Loop the email addresses by using the Apply to each, before sending the approval to the approver, create an item in the approval list, put in File ID and Approver. Of cause, you can add other columns just like request time, file name, etc.

Annotation 2019-11-08 154146.png

3. After the approval, update the item just created, send the Response to Yes, add the approval time into it, also the comments will be better.

Annotation 2019-11-08 154207.png

4. Last but most important, open the Concurrency Control:

Annotation 2019-11-07 144524.png

Test result:

Before response-

Annotation 2019-11-08 155405.png

After response: 

Annotation 2019-11-08 155458.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Yoshio,

how about you create parallel branches with a start and wait for approval in each branch.

you could add a update item after each approval to update the list item with details on each approval.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Yoshio,

If you store these email addresses into an array, you can try to read the following method:

So, there is a SharePoint list I created to store approval list specifically, the Title is File ID, Response is Yes/No type and the default value is No:

Annotation 2019-11-08 153636.png

This is the Flow created based on your situation, a simple version:

1. Initialize an array variable to store email addresses, the owner email, manager email, etc. And then use the Appen to array variable action to input it.

Annotation 2019-11-08 154101.png

2. Loop the email addresses by using the Apply to each, before sending the approval to the approver, create an item in the approval list, put in File ID and Approver. Of cause, you can add other columns just like request time, file name, etc.

Annotation 2019-11-08 154146.png

3. After the approval, update the item just created, send the Response to Yes, add the approval time into it, also the comments will be better.

Annotation 2019-11-08 154207.png

4. Last but most important, open the Concurrency Control:

Annotation 2019-11-07 144524.png

Test result:

Before response-

Annotation 2019-11-08 155405.png

After response: 

Annotation 2019-11-08 155458.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,996)