cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazz1
Regular Visitor

Multiple approvers-single approval status

Hi

I have created an approval flow that needs to be approved by all. the issue is that it works when i have one email in the 'assigned to' but with multiple emails it rejects the document even if it is approved by all. I have tried with both "Outcome" and "Responses". this is urgent. please help

3.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ok @jazz1  I saw now what do you need please follow this example that works for 2 approvers.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

so if the first approver clic on approve then the count increments in 1, and if the second approve clics on approve then counts change to 2, and you have all approvers mark as approve your flow, but if the secord approver clic on reject you have just one and maeby you can send a message to notify why your request was rejected 

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Hi @jazz1 ,

Could you please take a try with outcome doesn't contain Reject as below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

14 REPLIES 14
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

please @jazz1  try to change your action for and start and wait for an approval action, and then use outcome to get the approval response.

star.PNG 

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

HI @ChristianAbata

I tried that one too but its still the same. your suggestions are most welcomed.

i will keep trying until it works.

@jazz1 could you please add and screanshot using start an wait for an approval?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @ChristianAbata 

please see below1n.PNG2n.PNG

please @jazz1  try to swich the To field

org.PNG

and remember that you can send approvals just to your organization Users.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

Yes, i was using the email address from my organization but changed it to take screenshot.

the switch button will only allow to add emails or it has another effect.

just to add to this, it works perfectly with one email, the problem starts when adding multiple emails in the assigned to field.

@jazz1  just to add emails with a correct fotmat, becouse I saw your flow and if you test it, what the flows needs to do is send an approval email to all approvers and when the last approver sends the response the flow is going to continue to see if there is approve or reject

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata 

I edited the 'assigned to' emails just for the screenshot.

Can you please guide me what needs to be changed if I want the flow to approve if everyone in 'assigned to' field approves.

Can you please show me how to achieve the objective.

shure @jazz1  please see this post

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/all-assigned-must-approve

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata 

1s_LI.jpg2s.PNG

Thank you for the sharing the post. my problem is even if the condition is met that is approved , the result is rejected. can you please help me fix it.

i am trying to notify in teams network that the file was approved but it is not working, it goes to rejected.

ohh @jazz1  please use contains insted is equals to.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata 

but it will then work even if one rejects, i want only if all approves then approve else reject.

ok @jazz1  I saw now what do you need please follow this example that works for 2 approvers.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

so if the first approver clic on approve then the count increments in 1, and if the second approve clics on approve then counts change to 2, and you have all approvers mark as approve your flow, but if the secord approver clic on reject you have just one and maeby you can send a message to notify why your request was rejected 

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @jazz1 ,

Could you please take a try with outcome doesn't contain Reject as below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (73,889)