cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Multiple attachment approval workflow - problem

Hi there 

I am wondering whether someone can help with this approval workflow which should include all attachments to the list item. When an item is created, get all attachments and start and wait for approval - however, you get a first approval email with 1 attachment; and then once approved, a second email arrives with 2 of the attachments, and then a third email with 3 attachments, etc. We need all the attachments to come through on a single approval email. Also, when you click the attachment on the approval email, it does not seem to read / preview the document (it appears to be corrupted). Could someone kindly give some insight to where we could be going wrong? Flow screenshots attached below.

Many thanks

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (2).pngMicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

hi @MBach20  this is because your approval action is inside apply to each, please create your approval outside apply to each.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

hi @MBach20  this is because your approval action is inside apply to each, please create your approval outside apply to each.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Thank you for your reply @ChristianAbata! That has worked!

Unfortunately I still cannot figure out why the attachments don't work on the approval email. The screenshot below is the coding which we have used. Two of the attachments open as blanks and one opens with the error message below. All three attachments are fine when uploaded to the Sharepoint list. 

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

Once again, thank you for your help!

oooo @MBach20  I see please try to mark this post as solution and  open a new one to keep order, tag me and I'll post in there 😉

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,079)