cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin_MC
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple criteria in one trigger condition (AND operator, etc)

Hi there. I don't expect this to be super complicated but I'm not totally clued up on Flow expressions just yet and have a question. I have a Sharepoint Created / Modified trigger and I currently have a handful of Condition > Terminate functions to kill off the flow under certain conditions, and would like to make use of trigger conditions instead in order to save flow runs. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the terminology though. Could someone clarify what the actual expression would be if I wanted the flow to ONLY run when:

STATUS column = Pending Approval
AND
APPROVER column contains information

It's pretty simply doing this with the terminate condition, and I know / think the beginnings of the expression will be something along the lines of the below, but expanding this to accommodate the two pieces of criteria with AND operator I'm unsure about. Can anyone advise?

@equals(triggerBody()?['STATUS']?['value'],'Pending Approval')

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The following code works for me.  You may have to play with the field names if yours are different. But this is the syntax.

@And(equals(triggerBody()?['ApprovalStatus'], 'Pending'),equals(empty(triggerBody()?['Approvers']), false))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
EricaBao
Community Support
Community Support

Or you can just click "Add" to add more expressions, this would be taken as And as well.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

He's building a Trigger condition.  There is no "Add" in that dialog yet.  You have to build it as a string.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,486)