cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisveltze
Frequent Visitor

Multiple escalations

Hi, 

I am building a Microsoft flow with 2 levels of escalations. The problem with my flow is that if the approvers submits his response, then the final approver also gets an email. 

Capture.PNG

The workflow works like this: 

1. Primary Approver (timeout 1 minute)
  2. If successful, execute primary condition
  3. Backup Approver (timeout 1 minute, Run after  primary condition has been skipped)
  4. If successful, execute backup condition
  5. Final Approver (timeout 1 minute, Run after  backup condition has been skipped)
  6. If successful, execute final condition

As you can see it works fine if it goes into the backup approver. But if the primary approver approves, then the backup approver will be skipped as well as the backup condition, but the final approver will kick in. 

One more question. I saw that after the timeout the primary approver still has can submit an approval. It shows them that they have successfully approved or rejected the project. I was wondering if there is a way to close the approval after the timeout? Or show them an error when they try to submit an approval?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
luisveltze
Frequent Visitor

So I found a band-aid solution to my problem by adding a terminate control after the primary condition. I still think my flow can be built in a better way so I would appreciate any feedback. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
luisveltze
Frequent Visitor

So I found a band-aid solution to my problem by adding a terminate control after the primary condition. I still think my flow can be built in a better way so I would appreciate any feedback. 

View solution in original post

Hi @luisveltze ,

You need to take into account the possible outcomes of each Condition, such as add two branches to handle the execution results of each Condition separately. This seems to be more complicated than your solution. The terminate control fits your needs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,961)