cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HUmarelO
Frequent Visitor

Multiple flows running on Large SharePoint list

Hi 

I have a large list of data which I need to do a relational lookup on another list. Therefore I have split out my Get Items ODATA query to only do the action for all items with an ID less than 500. This works fine and returns 499 items in the out of which I can then do an apply for each on those 499 items. However, when I export this flow, re-import and edit the ODATA query to be ID greater than 500 I have the IDs return in the output. However, on my relation database the get items returns blank values. When I hardcode the values in the ODATA query it doesnt return any items. Its almost like there is a lock on the SharePoint list which means that no other get requests can be processed. Has anyone else had this issue or is it a bug on my tenant? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HUmarelO,

Could you share more details about lookup?

I am curious as to why you exported Flow and then imported it. Do you still operate on this list after importing Flow?

You could consider adding another Get items action directly in the Flow, and then setting the Filter query to be ID greater than 500.

Please take try.

Or provide more details, maybe we can provide a good way.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply @v-bacao-msft

The reason why I exported & re-imported was so I could copy the exact flow and process more data at the same time. The list is 1500 items, I wanted 3 x the same flows running at the same time with the ODATA filter for ID lt 500, ID gt 500 and ID lt 1000, ID gt 1000.  Foreach item the flow then does another lookup and gets items which match a string. The first few are working fine but then the final few within the first 500 are returning blank values even though if I manually look for that string it exists and is case sensitive to the string its using for the lookup. 

As you can see from the screen shot attached the value returns [] whereas the value returned for the first few get items is populated with items that match the string. 

FlowScreenshot.png

Hi @HUmarelO,

You could consider Adding a parallel branch, configure a few Get items action, and execute the processing at the same time, without affecting each other.

42.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,097)