cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r777sut
Level: Powered On

Multiple flows via Sharepoint, Forms, Excel and Outlook.

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to build multiple flows to make a process more efficient. I have identified 4 stages, however require some help setting this up.

STAGE ONE

Respondent will complete Form to request a reference number.

I wanted to utilise the "Insert a row in an Excel spreadsheet when Microsoft Forms is submitted" function to add them into an existing excel spreadsheet (already contains about 12,000 entries). The first column in the form already has sequential reference numbers populated so the information from the form would complete the rest of the row.

Respondent will recieve email stating Request has been submitted (if flow has been successful)

STAGE TWO

When the new row is populated with data from the form. Flow will email the respondent with the reference number from the first column.

STAGE THREE

Respondent will upload document to sharepoint library, saved under the reference number emailed to them in the prior stage.

STAGE FOUR

When the document is uploaded an approval flow will initiate sending an email to a staff member taking their email address from metadata in the document library. Each upload may have a different approver.

I envisage this will have to be built as separate flows as stage 3 involves user input (uploading a document)

Hopefully this can be acheived?

Please help  😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Multiple flows via Sharepoint, Forms, Excel and Outlook.

Hi @r777sut ,

The STAGE ONE and STAGE TWO could be achieved in one single flow, you could refer to screenshot below create the flow:

1.png 

And you could create a independent flow for STAGE THREE and STAGE FOUR, you could try a try to create the flow and let me know if you have any problem.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @r777sut ,

The STAGE ONE and STAGE TWO could be achieved in one single flow, you could refer to screenshot below create the flow:

1.png 

And you could create a independent flow for STAGE THREE and STAGE FOUR, you could try a try to create the flow and let me know if you have any problem.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

r777sut
Level: Powered On

Thanks @v-alzhan-msft thats worked well for me.

I had started to created an approval flow for Stage 4, however I've been hit with an error.

When I upload a document to my library it is displayed as follows:

Upload.PNGUploaded file to library

I then wanted the flow to take the e-mail address for the person assigned as 'Approver' 

I built the following flow:

Flow.PNGApproval flow (start)

However I get the following error when I upload a document:

Flow Fail.PNGError

For testing purposes I assigned myself as the approver so the profile should be correct.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,892)