cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple simpler flows vs. one big one?

I'm curious what the trade offs are between making multiple little flows and one giant one? Are there best practices or recommendations for this?

I can see multiple little flows being useful for helping with troubleshooting and for knowing more easily where to go to change something you might want to change. However, they're going to repeat some code and therefore might have some performance disadvantages or consume some sort of resource more aggressively.

Interested in hearing multiple opinions.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Multiple simpler flows vs. one big one?

Hi @the_joey_o,

I was also wondering how to define some best pracitces for this. As there is option to trigger flow from another one directly with action or with rest call.

Here is my opinion.

I suggest to split one huge flow into smaller ones when you expect that it will take long time to finish it. There is some limit, right now 30 days to finish Flow. Also I found out that it is easier if you have for example some complicated approval process to split it to smaller pieces.

On other hand the huge Flow can be good when you want not to exceed limit of runs per month. So if you expect that it will be triggered many times per day.

But I hope that somebody else will also share his experience.

P.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiple simpler flows vs. one big one?

Hi @the_joey_o,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Thanks for your feedback, @the_joey_o and @vecerpa. If you would like some new features to be added in Microsoft Flow, you could consider take a try to submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addtion, if you have some issues with your flow, please consider submit an assisted ticket in following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?wf=0&tenant=ClassicCommercial&oaspworkflow=start_1.0....

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,494)