cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Multiple steps Approval Flow (Trigger on Major version published)

Before i start building this flow i want to ask the community about the possibilities and triggers input and ofcourse help 🙂

What im trying to achive.

I have a sharepoint document library, it contains content types. Version history for both major and minor versions is activated and also Require content approval for submitted items set to YES

My flow should do the following.

When a user publish a major version a flow should be triggerd (Not sure if there is a trigger for this yet)

The flow contains an approval process that has 3 steps and let users pick who the approvers are for each step.

Step 1: Major Version is published.

Step 2: Approval process 1 started (Proof reading)

Step 3: User that was selected for Proof reading approves it.

Step 4: Approval process 2 started for Spell Checking.

Step 5: User that was selected for Spell Checking approves it.

Step 6: Approval process 3 started, Final Approved step.

Step: 7 User selected for final approved step, approves it and a major version is published.

Users should be able to select who should spell check it, who should prof read it and who should be the final approver before document is published.

Depending on what content type the document is the file will be converted to pdf and sent to different locations. (This part is done and tested) Im not sure if i created it in form of best practice but i have a condition for each content type name, if its Yes convert file if it's no Check if content type name is equal to this and so on for each content type.

Any input or possible solution would be much appriciated.

If there is no trigger for publish major version, then im thinking fo creating a button for each item in the list/document library that is called Approve, when this is pressed the flow will be triggerd manually from the button pressed. But i still need to update the status if the file, for exampel if prof reading is done i should i have status that says waiting on spell checking.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Multiple steps Approval Flow (Trigger on Major version published)

Hi @JimmyWork ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the sharepoint document library?

I can't understand your scenario clearly.

What's that means "When a user publish a major version"?

I am afraid there is no trigger for publish major version.

From you discripation, there are three people need to check the item and approve it.

I suggest you use the 'Get user profile (V2)' action to select the user you want.

Then add them in the approval. 

You can add the three people in one approval, or you can build three approval with each person.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Capture1.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Multiple steps Approval Flow (Trigger on Major version published)

Thank you for answering.

With publishing major version i mean this.

When do the user get the option to add who should approve it?

I will test it out, im sorry for answering slow, to much work hehe.
I will update this post as i move along and explain more. Hopefully today

2019-04-24 08_17_57-sharepoint publish major version - Google Search.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,557)