cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJbass
Level: Power Up

My Form doesn't show up as an option in my Flow

My office has several instances of SharePoint throughout the organization, and I am having some trouble getting Forms to appear in my Flows.

Currently, I have a Form that I created in an instance of SharePoint 365. It is called "Billing Resolution Form".

I click the file in the SharePoint directory, choose "Flow", and choose "Create a Flow".

I choose the type "Approval Flow", and the very first step in the flow "When a new response is submitted", I click the drop-down, and it doesn't show the Form for the file I selected. It shows the Forms in a different instance of SharePoint elsewhere on our network.

How do I get this Flow to trigger off THIS form in THIS instance of SharePoint?

I'm basically following this blog post: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/using-forms-with-flow-to-automate-onboarding/

And the problem is with the very first screenshot... I can't choose the correct Form ID.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: My Form doesn't show up as an option in my Flow

The form must be within your current environment. If it's a group Form then you'll need to add the id as a custom value, you won't be able to select it:

groupForm.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

CJbass

Thanks for the quick response!

It seems like adding the ID is a workaround for something that SHOULD just work.

When I select the Form that I created and choose "Create new Flow" for that Form, why doesn't the Flow get built in THAT SharePoint instance? How do I force it to create the flow in the instance where the Form is? This seems counter-intuitive to me...

Super User
Super User

Yes but with Office 365 apps sometimes you just have to accept that not all features are there from day 1. Adding the ID instead of selecting the form is not a huge issue and it works well.

"why doesn't the Flow get built in THAT SharePoint instance?" Sorry but I have absolutely no idea what that question means. Flow/Power Automate works within the Office 365 environment it's in. What is an instance?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

CJbass

Ok, so clearly I'm missing something really basic here. Let me walk through my process...

1. Go to the "Operations Department" SharePoint
  2. Go to the Documents directory
  3. Click on the "Billing Issues.xlsx" document that was created by my "Billing Issues Entry Form"
  4. With "Billing Issues.xlsx" selected, click on "Flow"
  5. Choose "Create a Flow"

Here I am presented with a list of suggested Flow templates. If I choose one of these, then the Flow that gets created is able to access the Billing Issues form.

However, if I choose the option at the bottom - "See more templates" - it takes me to the Corporate SharePoint, and out of the Operations Team's SharePoint.

So if I create a new Flow, or use one from the huge list of templates, it creates the Flow in the Corporate SharePoint, which can't see the Billing Issues form in the Operation Team's SharePoint.

This seems more like an issue for my IT Department, now that I have parsed that out. For some reason, Flows are not being created in our SharePoint, but are only being created in the Corporate SharePoint. Seems to be a permissions issue.

But I think your idea of using the Form ID will work, once I get these permissions sorted out. (Right now, if I hand-enter the Form ID, it gives me an error that it, "Could not find flow" with the ID of the Flow, not the Form.)

Thanks for the help!

Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,964)