cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acastro14
Regular Visitor

My flow keeps cancelling even though the condition is false - part 2

Hello again,

I have another flow that keeps getting cancelled even though the condition is false. This flow works as a secondary flow to an already existing flow, for which I already have a post. For reference: flow 1 connects a Microsoft form to a plan on our team's Planner, creates separate tasks from one submission depending on the type of work requested (4 different types of work, each put into their specific bucket based on the form's responses), and adds a row to a spreadsheet with the basic information from the form; flow 2 is triggered by the creation of a new task in that plan, and it updates one of the categories from the spreadsheet named "Work Requested" (I had to create it as a separate flow because I couldn't get it to give me the Bucket name for this column, only the Bucket ID - however, I made it work). 

For this flow, there are four work requests: RI, CS, FS, and OSD. The four conditions for the flow are set in that order, so it first checks for RI, then for CS, FS, and OSD respectively. If I request RI, FS or OSD, the flow works as expected by updating the "Work Requested" column in the spreadsheet; but if I request CS, the flow doesn't get past the first RI condition and it cancels itself, even though the condition is false and I don't encounter that problem with FS or OSD, and those conditions are only done if the RI and CS conditions are false. The conditions are all formatted the same: if "Task Bucket ID" is equal to "the actual bucket ID" then ... Please see screenshot below. 

Flow 2.png

Thanks for the help in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acastro14,

Could you please share a screenshot to show the Condition action setting?

Generally, the condition action would be canceled only when one branch adds Terminate action and set it to Cancelled:Screenshot 2020-11-13 102959.jpg

As a workaround, you could copy original Flow and delete the Condition action in the copied Flow, then recreate a new Condition action and try it agin.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Lin Tu,

Thanks for your replies to both of my posts. I'm attaching the conditions below.

This is the first flow; I need both conditions to be true and this works fine when the flow is triggered except when only the type of work RI is requested. If the request includes RI and any other type of work, the condition works fine. 

Flow 1Flow 1

This is the condition in flow 2. Again, the condition is not the problem itself because it works whenever other types of work are requested. However, if only CS is requested, it fails; it just gets cancelled. If FS is requested, condition 3 comes up as false and it moves on to condition 4, etc. So the condition is not the issue.

Flow 2Flow 2

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (33,404)