Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dipankar
Level: Powered On

Need Help!!! Using MS Flows with Power BI

Hello All,

Bascially, I have a report in Power BI which I am showing list of the employees who received bonus and their details. So, I have this requirement where I have to send email notifications to the all employees who received bonus.

For achieving this, I have a card on report which shows count of employees who received bonus and basically pinned this card to a dasboard and created a data alert on condition (employees with bonus > 0).

Then I used Microsoft flow and created a flow where when a data driven alert is triggerd then I will have an action to send mail to the employees with bonus.

The part where I am stuck is how to make the email recipients dynamic i.e. to be able to send mails to only those users who received bonus, say for the next quarter when again this alert is triggered the mails are only sent to user who received bonus in that quarter.

Please, suggest if we can somehow pass dynamic list of employee email in MS Flow or if there is some workaround for achieving this.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Need Help!!! Using MS Flows with Power BI

Hi @dipankar,

Could you please show a bit more about your report which showing list of employees who received bonus?

There is no way to analyze data of a report of Power BI in Microsoft Flow currently, so I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, you could consider filter Employees who received bonus in Power BI first and then export the report as an Excel file. After that, format the data of Excel file as a table. I suppose that your Excel file is stored in OneDrive for Business, please take a try with the following workaround to send email notifications:4.JPG

More details about Power BI connector used in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Power BI connector

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,077)