cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeanD
Level: Powered On

Need access to all columns when SharePoint list item is deleted

Within MS Flow, in the SharePoint - When an item is deleted trigger, it would be very helpful to have access to all of the columns/values for the deleted list item. Currently this is not the case, and that is unfortunate, as I have a need for this very functionality. When an item is deleted from one list in our SharePoint site collection, we need to be able to know which parent record that item belonged to. The parent record ID is stored in a hidden column in the list from which the item is deleted. We could then use that parent record ID to determine if other child records with the same parent exist in the list, and use that data to update a record in a different list - the child record with the greatest value in a date column, which denotes most recent activity of a certain type.

For me this should be like a database trigger, where within the delete trigger you have access to all columns/values for the deleted record. This doesn't seem to currently be the case within MS Flow, but would be really nice to have.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Need access to all columns when SharePoint list item is deleted

Hi @DeanD,

From the trigger When an item is deleted, it seems that we are not able to get all of the columns for the deleted list item. If you need this feature, please submit your idea on the Flow Ideas Forum so that it might be considered in the future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
BrianSlalomMS
Level: Powered On

Re: Need access to all columns when SharePoint list item is deleted

It's mindboggling that the data from the record being deleted is not availalbe in a Flow. Of course a Flow should have access to the data being deleted.

The UI even implies that it is available because it allows us to select the fields from the deleted record for use in the Flow, but it returns an error when you run the Flow.

I need to create a entity which has a history of all inserts, updates, and deletes from a custom entity.

I have triggers to record the inserts and updates but can't record the delete operations because the deleted record's data is not available in the Flow.

Please add this feature.

>