Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nich3play3r
Advocate II
Advocate II

Need current fiscal year int to pass as parameter value to paginated report

Hi.

I have a flow that executes a paginated report. The report has 2 parameters, one of which is FiscalYear. I'm trying to create an expression to give me the current fiscal year as an integer, but I keep getting errors. Here's what I currently have:

if(int(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM')) > 6, int(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy')) + 1, int(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy')))

Maybe I need to pursue a different strategy? Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @nich3play3r,

You are pretty close to the solution. Just replace > and + by the greater and add functions. You can also remove the formatdatetime and directly put the format within the UtcNow function

Try the expression below instead:

if(greater(int(utcNow('MM')), 6), add(int(utcNow('yyyy')), 1), int(utcNow('yyyy')))

fiscalyear.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @nich3play3r,

You are pretty close to the solution. Just replace > and + by the greater and add functions. You can also remove the formatdatetime and directly put the format within the UtcNow function

Try the expression below instead:

if(greater(int(utcNow('MM')), 6), add(int(utcNow('yyyy')), 1), int(utcNow('yyyy')))

fiscalyear.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?

Thank for you for this, @Expiscornovus . This value is such a common need for me, I should really take the time to document its creation across all the languages I'm frequently dabbling in. Also, a follow up, if you have time:

I see you're doing this as an variable. I went straight for a Compose step, though I suppose I could also simply add your expression directly into my ParametervaluesValue box in my Export to File For Paginated Reports step. Would initializing a variable still be your recommedation, given these other options?

Thank you again for your time and your clear, concise answer.

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @nich3play3r,

Yes, you should be able to use the expression directly into the parametervalues box/field.

You do not need a compose or initialize variable action. My screenshot was just an example 😁

Happy to help out! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,121)