cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Need for a trigger that says "When an item is modified"

Hi, 

I am trying to create a sharepoint workflow where people are notified when an item is added to a list. That's easy. 

The person who is notified should be able to make changes to the added item in the list (fill in some columns, add an attachment,...). When he/she saves the changes, the person who initially added the item should be notified of those changes. And so on. The email that is sent when a modification is made should look different than the "new item is added" email. 

I have the feeling that I need a trigger that only works when an item is modified, not when an item is created or modified. 

Does anybody know of the existence of such a tool? Or does anybody know how the fix this issue using existing connectors?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AVH,

To trigger a flow only when an item is modified, but not when an item is created or modified, please try the following workaround.

Please add a Condition after the trigger with Created equal to Modified. If they are equal, then it means that the item is newly created, if not, then the item is modified.

Then you could add other actions under the If No branch.

Please take the following screenshot for a reference:

3.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AVH,

To trigger a flow only when an item is modified, but not when an item is created or modified, please try the following workaround.

Please add a Condition after the trigger with Created equal to Modified. If they are equal, then it means that the item is newly created, if not, then the item is modified.

Then you could add other actions under the If No branch.

Please take the following screenshot for a reference:

3.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I've tried the workaround and it does the trick for me :). 

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Best regards, 

Arne

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (18,703)