cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaKapakahi
Level: Power Up

Need guidance please - When a new item is created with conditions.

Greetings - 

New to MS Flow so please bear with me.   I was able to create a Training Class Request approval flow and the approval seems to work but I would like to include some conditions but lost on how to do so.  

Conditions:

1. When item is created, flow to check requested date to see if calendar value = 5 (max # of students).  If so, send rejection email.  If not, proceed with approval.  
  2. Send approval to user approving class request but include list of current attendees
  3. Once approved, I would like the flow to send approval and inser the new attendee to the SharePoint calendar and automatically send an email to the requestee and insert a reminder in the requestee's Outlook.   

How do I go about inserting these conditions to the flow? Please help.  I tried searching and watching Youtube videos and couldn't find anything that comes close.   

Any assistance provided is greatly appreciated.  

Thank you!

Dakapakahi

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Need guidance please - When a new item is created with conditions.

Hi, Could you share some more details/ screenshot on the flow that you have already built so that we may better assist you with this? 

To answer your questions, 

1. Are you using sharepoint for the items? If yes, you could create another get sharepoint list action from flow and in the query add a filter to get the requested date and compare it in the subsequent actions. Based on this you can create the next action - "Approval"/ "Email with Options"

2. You can modify the body of the email/ approval email to include the data from sharepoint. 

3. You can create an action based on pt.2 (wait for an approval) and once that arrives you can trigger the next actions of sending an email and creating the sharepoint item. 

Thanks, 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,258)