cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prem4253
Frequent Visitor

Need help Power Automate - to array is required for all personalization objects

Hello,

I've a SharePoint list connected to Power Automate flow. See below form.

Grey section is to be filled by Requestor. Once the Requestor fills their section and submits the form, an email is sent to Hiring Manager.

Prem4253_2-1656582864264.png

Please note: I'm using a gallery within the form, so the Hiring Manager can go to the submitted items within the form, update their section (the one's highlighted in Blue)

Basically when a New item is created by the Requestor, they do not add the email address of HR Manager 1 and 2. So I'm getting the below error:

"The to array is required for all personalization objects, and must have at least one email object with a valid email address"

It will be responsibility of Hiring Manager to add email address of HR Manager 1 and 2.

So what I'm looking for:

1. When new item is added by Requestor, 1st email should go to Hiring Manager
  2. Hiring Manager will fill the fields in their section, add email address of HR Manager 1 and 2 and submit the form
  3. Once form submitted by Hiring Manager, email should go to HR Manager 1 and 2.

Please advise. Thanking you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
StretchFredrik
Resolver I
Resolver I

Im having some issues understanding what ur actually asking, could you elaborate?

Prem4253
Frequent Visitor

1. When the Requestor fills their section (grey section), adds Hiring Manager's email, an email to be sent to Hiring Manager
  2. Once Hiring Manager receives email, Hiring Manager will review the form and update their fields (Blue section). Adds email address of HR Manager 1 and HR Manager 2 and than email notification will be sent to both the HR's 

Prem4253
Frequent Visitor

See below flow, which is throwing the error:

Prem4253_1-1656591561384.png

eliotcole
Super User
Super User

Hiya, @Prem4253, firstly, it might be a good idea to transfer the extra details in your replies there into the main question to flesh it out a bit.

Secondly, I think it would appear that you don't have anything in the 'To' field of that Email action in your Condition's YES side.

@eliotcole  - sure I'll make a note of this to add extra details in my main question.

As said - The requestor will not add the HR Manager's email, So when the flow starts, we'll not see email address of the HR's in 'To'. Hiring Manager will update the email address of the HR's, after Hiring Manager receives an email.

Something needs to go in that field ... so you need to build logic to fill that with something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,367)