Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshesAsks
Level: Powered On

Need help building a simple document acknowledgement flow

Dear Community,

This is my first post, so be nice 😊

I am struggling with what is probably a simple flow, but, I have no idea on how to set it up in Sharepoint, detailed instructions would be appreciated.

We use Office365 and Sharepoint 365

I am trying to build a system whereby our staff (all on AD) are presented (via email) with links to documents placed on sharepoint, they then need to click on a button in the notification email acknowledging that they have read and understood the document.

Ideally, once a document is ready and submitted to the relevant share point folder, the person submitting the document is prompted to specify the users (or users groups) that it is sent to.

I would like the system to keep track of what document was read, by whom, and when.

Sounds simple, but I am no programmer not do I have any sharepoint experience.

Thanks in advance!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-lin-msft
Level 10

Re: Need help building a simple document acknowledgement flow

Hi @AshesAsks,

Based on your requirements I have a workaround for your scenario, you can refer to it and create your flow:

Step1: Create a list in your share named ADUserReadList or other you like, to store the data of user read document.Annotation 2019-06-27 130201.png

Step2: Create a flow triggered when a file is created or modified in a SharePoint folder.

Step3: Create an action named Create sharing link for a file or folder to convert the file just upload into a link can be shared with your member of the organization.

Step4: Get group members of AD by adding the Azure AD connector, and please input the correct Group ID.

Annotation 2019-06-27 125902.png

Step5: Add action Start and wait for an approval (V2) and Create a button "Read and understood the document". Besides, you need to put the Sharing link and Group Member Mail in the corresponding position.

Step6: Create item if a user click the button in the precious SharePoint list.

Annotation 2019-06-27 125934.png

Please have a try, hopes it can help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @AshesAsks,

Annotation 2019-06-28 094250.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @AshesAsks,

Based on your requirements I have a workaround for your scenario, you can refer to it and create your flow:

Step1: Create a list in your share named ADUserReadList or other you like, to store the data of user read document.Annotation 2019-06-27 130201.png

Step2: Create a flow triggered when a file is created or modified in a SharePoint folder.

Step3: Create an action named Create sharing link for a file or folder to convert the file just upload into a link can be shared with your member of the organization.

Step4: Get group members of AD by adding the Azure AD connector, and please input the correct Group ID.

Annotation 2019-06-27 125902.png

Step5: Add action Start and wait for an approval (V2) and Create a button "Read and understood the document". Besides, you need to put the Sharing link and Group Member Mail in the corresponding position.

Step6: Create item if a user click the button in the precious SharePoint list.

Annotation 2019-06-27 125934.png

Best Regards,

AshesAsks
Level: Powered On

Hi Lin Tu,

can you please provide screenshots of what this would look like.

Thanks so much.

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @AshesAsks,

Annotation 2019-06-28 094250.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 5,446 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: