cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shafii

Need help building an automatic flow that pulls an email address from contact/calendar to then send out an email

Need some help creating my first flow!

I wanted to send out an email once someone booked an appointment in the booking calendar that had specific information and attachments. I see that there are no flows for the booking application so I was trying to create a work around. When somebody books an appointment it then creates a calendar event. I wanted to pull the email address from that event and then send an email to that person with specific info and attachments. Is this even possible or should I wait for them to create flows for the bookings app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shafii ,

The screenshot of the flow should as below(I use mail connector since I don't have outlook connector permission):

1.png

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @shafii 

I dont see any connector for Booking Calendar app, and because of this you have to first send the booking details and attachment to gmail or a  location that flow can connect to  and use flow connector , which i dont think what you looking for. so as of now i would suggest wait if some one else find a heck. 

Regards,

The booking app sends a calendar invite to outlook and creates a calendar event. Can I pull the email address from that event to then send an email since outlook has connectors?

Hi @shafii 

yes you can do that using "When a new event is created (V3)" trigger, you will get the associated properties for the event. but i am not sure if you get the attachment in invite from APP so that part may not work?

Regards,

ok I will try that and see if that works for the email address. The attachment I need to send is stored in onedrive/sharepoint. Once the flow pulled the email using V3 coult it then pull that attachment from there to send you think?

Hi @shafii 

yes, you can get attachments if they are getting stored in One drive or SharePoint.

You should use

1) "Get Files" Action to get all the files (attachments) and their properties 

2) "Get File content" Action to get the file content and send it in email

Following link had the solution on how to send email attachment for your reference.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Send-email-with-attaching-file-from-SharePoint-li...

Regards

Regards,

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shafii ,

The screenshot of the flow should as below(I use mail connector since I don't have outlook connector permission):

1.png

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

I kjeep getting to the end and it stops. I am not for sure why it says  the field cannot be empty bc I have info in those fields. Thoughts?

SharedScreenshot.jpgSharedScreenshot.jpg

I typed in my email address in the TO field and it worked. For some reason when I try to use the dynamic content from the EVENT, it does not work.

I reviewed the GET EVENT fields and I see the OPTIONAL ATTENDEES data. So the correct email address is getting pulled. However when I use that OPTIONAL ATTENDEE dynamic content for the send email it will not work. Is there something I am missing that connects these two steps?

Hi @shafii ,

What is the value of the OPTIONAL ATTENDEE dynamic content?

Please save the OPTIONAL ATTENDEE dynamic content in a Compose and run the flow to check the value.

Best regards,

Alice   

I get the same error message. It says the TO field is empty and cannot be empty. I have done all of the Dynamic content for attendees but nothing seems to work (optional, required, organizer, and resource). It doesn't make sense to me why it is not pulling the information b/c I see it finds the correct email address in the"GET EVENT" step. In the final step it errors b/c for some reason the email from step 2 doesn't get send to the final step. When I manually put an email in the TO field on the lats step it worked as planned. So somewhere between step 2 and 3 I am hitting a snag. 

Hi @shafii ,

So why the to field is null?

You need to troubleshooting it or share the screenshot of run history.

Best regards,

Alice   

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (78,658)