cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aorsette
Level: Powered On

Need help to build a flow when a list item is marked yes for completed it sends a email

I am trying to build a flow for when a item in my list is marked yes under my completed column. It sends a email.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Need help to build a flow when a list item is marked yes for completed it sends a email

If it is a SharePoint list, you need to create a list, and a custom view that has all of the desired columns, including the Complete column that has the Yes/No condition. The condition sould have the Complete column, is equal to Yes

The below screenshot is the basic layout needed for the flow, you must make sure that your default list view has the Complete column visible, or you manually set the column view in the Limit columns by view entry in the When an item is created or modified:CompleteCondition.PNGIf this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

aorsette
Level: Powered On

Re: Need help to build a flow when a list item is marked yes for completed it sends a email

So, I was I the right track and the flow is saying successful but when I mark the column botton to yes in the list it does not send a email, but again flow is stating successful.

Super User
Super User

@aorsette wrote:

So, I was I the right track and the flow is saying successful but when I mark the column botton to yes in the list it does not send a email, but again flow is stating successful.

If the email is in your Yes step and it isn't sending an email, that means that the Condition step isn't passing, which moves the Flow the the No step. Just because a condition fails, and it goes to the No step doesn't mean that the Flow fails - it is running just fine, the condition is what is failing. The conditon's job is literally just to be a pass/no-pass check.

I suggest taking some time to review the logic within your condition step. If you have issues, A Visual Explanation of Flow Logical Expressions is a great resource, as are the Add a condition to a flow, and Apply to Each documentation. 

Again, if the column isn't visible in the default view - the Flow and condition can't see the column. If it doesn't see the column, it doesn't fail the Flow, so this is an often overlooked step by many.

If you can't figure it out, feel free to post an expanded screenshot (showing the details within your steps and condition), so we can assist further. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 101 members 5,214 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: