cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NuXavier
Frequent Visitor

Need to Retrieve email recipients(To, Cc, Bcc) and Send a reply to them dynamically

Hi All,

I have a flow created from automatic record creation in dynamics. The flow is triggered when an email arrives I need to get email recipients(To, Cc, Bcc) and send an auto reply to them dynamically. 

Please any ideas?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JisungHan
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NuXavier ,

The To, CC, BCC values will be in Activity Party entity.

So, get a record by ID would be required after triggering the power automate. Please refer to the following similar thread to call the Activity Party from Appointment. The method would be similar with getting from Email message.

After that check whether the return body contains To, CC, BCC. Possibly, the fields don't show if the calling email item doesn't contain CC and BCC values.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Getting-appointment-attendees-activity-pa...

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

1) Use List records to get all activity parties for your activity.
2) Use filter array to filter the participation type(CC, BCC)
3) Use output of filter array for sending new email.

Screenshot_1.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The trigger will contain all that information as dynamic content.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
NuXavier
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Pstork1

It contains some information but I cannot find the Cc, Bcc fields in the dynamic content.

This is the first step of the flow. I want to get the email recipients from the email input and send a response to the same recipients.

Flow.jpg

JisungHan
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NuXavier ,

The To, CC, BCC values will be in Activity Party entity.

So, get a record by ID would be required after triggering the power automate. Please refer to the following similar thread to call the Activity Party from Appointment. The method would be similar with getting from Email message.

After that check whether the return body contains To, CC, BCC. Possibly, the fields don't show if the calling email item doesn't contain CC and BCC values.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Getting-appointment-attendees-activity-pa...

Hope this helps.

Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

1) Use List records to get all activity parties for your activity.
2) Use filter array to filter the participation type(CC, BCC)
3) Use output of filter array for sending new email.

Screenshot_1.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NuXavier
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Rilsina,
Please how do I extract the Cc, Bcc, To and assign them to variable for the email I'm sending out?
Also, I did not find the _participationmasktype as an option.

Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Can you try after removing column filter from Trigger, maybe column filter is just giving you limited output.

From trigger you should get activity party as Output, which you will use further in List records.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,766)