cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BM2222
Regular Visitor

Need to append to completion history field in my sharepoint list to capture a history of activity for the workflow

I am having trouble with my completion history overwriting with new information and not appending to the existing information.  It is critical that we have a log of action that has happened on this workflow (when it kicked off, when approvals were sent, when they were completed, by whom and when etc.).  I have viewed @Reza Reza Dorrani's very helpful video on "Dynamic approvers & log history with Power Automate approvals" and I have been successful in getting the first and second update items to write correctly to the "completion history" field.  However, subsequent times old information is overwritten with the new update.  How do I capture information in an existing field, re-present it and add new information to the top.  Currently my Completion History field looks as follows: 

Workflow started by: Created by DisplayName (Convert from UTC for date and time).

The next update happens after the first approval and is formatted as such:  

Due Dilligence Completed By: Responses Approver Display Name (Convert from UTC for date and time):Responses Comments

Completion History (body('Update_item')?['CompletionHistory']

Both of these updates present correctly in the completion history field. Problem happens after the first approval in the flow and when I need to update that field again.  What should subsequent updates to Completion History be formatted as in order to ensure I do not overwrite data in this field but append to it?

Thanks so much for your help! See Screenshots below:

Brandy

Completion History Issue Screenshot1.JPGCompletion History Issue Screenshot2.JPGCompletion History Issue Screenshot3.JPGCompletion History Issue Screenshot4-expanded.JPG

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,483)