cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djbazuka
Frequent Visitor

Need to call auto generate from flows

Hi,

So I am trying to create auto incrementing unique contact identifier (when a contact is created). I have been able to do this using Auto number field {Contact (out of the box)} and using a text field {Contact (Workflow)} (this uses the classic work flow to call auto number definition) 

Djbazuka_0-1647604255854.png

I don't know how to progress any further than this in the flows:-

Djbazuka_1-1647604330531.png

I am new to flows. I would really appreciate i if someone can help.

Yours truly,

Mubeen Ahmed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Djbazuka ,

Could you please explain further more about your scenario? If you have a calculated field within the SP list, when creating items field value will be generated automatically, and it will be the same in Dataverse. If you would like to achieve a same procedure without calculated columns of Dataverse, you can use a Compose data operation to deal with the dynamic contents of field values from the trigger:

vjefferni_0-1647931015103.png

However, be aware that there is no numeric ID column within Dataverse, so usually we will create a autonumber column and set the prefix manually:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/autonumber-fields#create-an-autonumbe...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Djbazuka
Frequent Visitor

I need to call auto number definition from flows. 

Hi @Djbazuka ,

Could you please explain further more about your scenario? If you have a calculated field within the SP list, when creating items field value will be generated automatically, and it will be the same in Dataverse. If you would like to achieve a same procedure without calculated columns of Dataverse, you can use a Compose data operation to deal with the dynamic contents of field values from the trigger:

vjefferni_0-1647931015103.png

However, be aware that there is no numeric ID column within Dataverse, so usually we will create a autonumber column and set the prefix manually:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/autonumber-fields#create-an-autonumbe...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,176)